Life is Brief, Art Endures

Vita Brevis, Ars Longa
Hippocrates

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Graphite with pastel


16x20 on Canson Mi-Teintes paper
I want to make sure that clients understand that my pastels are not traditional thick pastel paintings but are detailed drawings with color. I first do a graphite drawing and add color to it with subtle applications of soft pastel and pastel pencils brushed into the drawing. I do this over a med. tan paper that shows through the color allowing me to get a nice skin tone while contrasting with the whites and highlights.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey thanks for the post, i wasnt sure if graphite and pastel would look good together for my final project at school, looks great and im in awe struck at how you blended everything. thanks again